Wednesday, February 23, 2011

UNION BUSTING IS A BAD IDEA......

Wow. To think a state government wants to put the kibosh to collective bargaining is like waking up and realizing the Easter Bunny isn't real.  What a sad state of affairs when politicians feel it is within their power to end collective bargaining. Wisconsin is just one of many states that will try to invoke this crazy line of thinking.  There is a reason it is called "bargaining". When you bargain, you negotiate.  Is it the fault of the union members that the politicians in Wisconsin don't know how to negotiate properly?  No. 

While everybody agrees spending needs to be curtailed, doing it on the backs of hard working citizens is not the right way to go about it. Every time cut backs are announced, the cuts always seem to affect the middle class, the poor, and the elderly. When will politicians realize that cutting programs that aide low income or elderly people will only make matters worse, not better. Why cut the programs that do the most for people?  Why I ask....WHY?   Well, my theory is there are many today who do not want to be associated with the poor or the elderly. In fact, the way I see it, the Republicans like the Governor in Wisconsin don't want poor people to thrive in any way.  keep the poor ...poor.....and let the elderly move on by, all the while, the rich can keep their money, stockpile it, and get all the benefits of tax breaks.


I know...I know...I know.....I hear the voices of reason saying....but Mike, we can't continue to provide social welfare programs.  My response is, stop listening to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.  As Bill O'Reilly would say, they are pinheads.  Have you ever listened to the way Limbaugh and Hannity talk?  My god they need to get some anger management under their belts. The venom they spew on their talk shows indicates serious issues with their anger.  Then again, why would they care? They have money. They have great benefits. What do they really know about struggling?  Oh, I'm sure we will all find out. I am sure they will write a book, make millions, and tell everybody how tough they had it.  Bla bla bla.   I know, I digress.

The bottom line is ending collective bargaining with unions is not the way to cure the financial woes.  Adequate negotiating will do that just fine. At this point, we need to prevent our country from taking 50 years worth of steps backward and move forward.  We need to move forward with understanding the needs of AMERICA and doing whatever we can to fix the problems in America before we go spending billions on 2 wars in the middle east.  Oh...wait a minute....where are the republicans when it comes time to cut the funding of the war?  Oh, they don't cut the funding.....they throw money at funding the war like it is going out of style.    Oh, I know, some people will think I am anti-military. No.....I am anti spending billions of dollars on a war that can never truly be won.

Fix the problems at home before spending money overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment